The Australasian Brain Stimulation Society is proud to invite you to ABSS2021 in Brisbane, July 12-13th. This conference will be held at The Queensland Brain Institute, a state-of-the-art neuroscience hub within the beautiful surrounds of the University of Queensland St Lucia campus.
The event will feature international and national keynote speakers, symposia and talks by brain stimulation researchers and clinicians, and most importantly, the opportunity to develop and extend collaborative links. There will also be awards provided to the best presentations, and a social event following the first day of proceedings, which will be held at St Lucy Caffe e Cucina, a restaurant located on the grounds of the St Lucia campus.
Event Code of Conduct
ABSS is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable event experience for all participants, and a welcoming environment for free discussion of ideas. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any related concerns, please immediately contact anyone on the ABSS Committee
Conference program will be available here to download once finalised.
Professor Charlotte Stagg
Oscillations and inhibition: towards an understanding of the neurophysiology of motor learning.
Professor Jason Mattingley
Investigating the impact of brain stimulation on brain function in healthy adults.
The conference will be held at The Queensland Brain Institute, University of Queensland St Lucia campus.
Detailed Visitor Information can be found here
- Registration (early bird) 1 Oct 2020 - 30 April 2021
- Symposium Abstract Submission 1 Oct 2020 - 12 Feb 2021
- Oral/Poster Abstract Submission 29 Jan 2021 - 9 April 2021
- ABSS2021 Award Applications 29 Jan 2021 - 9 April 2021
There will be two ECR Awards presented at ABSS2021.
- ECR Award, 0-6 years post PhD (or equivalent). Eligibility and submission details are provided in guidelines.
ECR Award Guidelines
- PhD Award – ‘Best brain stimulation thesis’. Eligibility and submission details are provided in guidelines.
Best Thesis Award Guidelines
Applications open 29 Jan 2021 and close on 9 April 2021. You can only apply for one of the awards.